“Building Foundations Together
for a Bright Future”
Our responsibility and commitment to the children we teach is to provide a safe, happy and creative learning environment in which children can play, learn and grow together. Their education should be enjoyable now, but prepare them for their futures – whatever they may be.
When our children leave Buxton, we Aim for them to:
- Be confident in fulfilling their goals, achieving their dreams and to be true to themselves,
- Feel that they are able to lead a life that encompasses who they are,
- Become honest and happy citizens who contribute to their community,
- Be respectful of others regardless of gender, race, culture, faith or sexual orientation, to see all people as equal.
- Be all that they can be – recognising their strengths’, gifts and talents,
- be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of an ever changing world.
We will achieve these Aims:
- through quality teaching, we will provide all children with the opportunity to learn, develop and enjoy their education.
- By providing a school environment which is welcoming, nurturing, caring and safe,
- By enabling children to develop as an individual, offering them different learning opportunities and experiences,
- By adopting a creative approach to the curriculum to ensure that all children achieve to the best of their ability,
- By ensuring staff work together to ensure a consistent approach to teaching and learning,
- By developing a relationship built on trust with parents and the wider community,
- By being flexible in our approach to the individual needs of each child.
We will encourage the involvement of the wider school community by:
- Valuing the contribution of all,
- Ensuring effective and honest communication,
- Valuing and supporting the role of parents/carer, developing a strong partnership,
- Respecting the values and beliefs of parents/carers,
- Encourage parents to support their children’s learning and development,
- Encourage the local community to become involved and active within the school